Monday 21 April 2014

In the Beginning

In March 2014 we took possession of a WildAx Aurora Leisure Campervan.  And that is about as technical as this blog is going to get.  I could go into lots of specifications and geeky stuff but I wont.

I will just say that the process we used to chose our van was this:

We looked at as many vans as we could, we asked van owners for recommendations but in the end we chose this van for a couple of reasons. It has an integrated gas tank we can refill with autogas from service stations and the water tanks have heaters to stop freezing in winter; this is a must if we want to go touring in Scottish winterland

So what is this blog about?   It is about having fun.

As a writer I have a main blog that I use mostly for writerly things, book reviews, and news. This is the business end of blogging.

When we first drove the van from the retailer, up through England, stopping off in The Lake District and the Borders, I experienced the excitement of a whole new life of opportunities opening up for us. Just sitting up high in the cab gives a different perspective to the world and that different perspective carries on into the whole philosophy of living.  When I came home I planned my vegetable patch to suit the two ring, plus oven way of cooking. There will be new photo opportunities, new ways to park, places to visit, soundtracks and a complete subculture to explore.

I know there are other campervan travel blogs out there but as the title of this travel blog suggests, it's 'Not About Bessie'.




No comments:

Post a Comment